Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Problem with Stacks

When I dragged the app folder into the Dock the app folder icon changed into the icon for the Address Book. I thought this was a bug until I read this comment on the Motley Fool Apple User's Group Discussion Board. When placed in the Dock, the Application Folder becomes a Stack and its icon is replaced by the icon of the first program in the folder. This didn't cut it aesthetically--I don't need two Address Book icons on my Dock, so I booted the app folder stack immediately and sent the Downloads and Documents folders with it. Luckily there's a work around at Webomatica. Click here and scroll down to the section on Custom Stack Icons. Maybe I'll find a use for Stacks in the future, but for now I'll launch programs and files with Quicksilver.
Loading...